Niwen is the region where most of Ori and the Will of the Wisps takes place.
Kwolok describes Niwen as a "perilous place". In contrast to Nibel, Niwen lost the light of the Spirit Willow some time ago, and the inhabitants have not seen a Guardian Spirit like Ori in a long time. As a result of this, Niwen is suffering from the Decay.
Locations in NiwenEdit
- Inkwater Marsh - first location, home of the Moki.
- Midnight Burrows - a hidden area with a secret entrance adjoining Inkwater Marsh.
- Kwolok's Hollow - a dank location connected to Inkwater Marsh, home of Kwolok.
- Silent Woods - petrified owl remains, ash, burning coals, bubbling mud, wind currents, home of Shriek.
- Luma Pools - a place where water comes from before flowing to The Wellspring.
- Windswept Wastes - a windy desolate desert, the previous home of Gorleks.
- Windtorn Ruins - Ancient desert ruins, that holds the Heart of the Forest and an ancient prophecy concern Niwen's hope.
- Wellspring Glades - a safe village.
- The Wellspring - a large waterwheel that has not turned in a long time.
- Mouldwood Depths - a dark spider den, home of Mora.
- Baur's Reach - icy heights of the forest, home of Baur.
- Willow's End - the ghostly Spirit Willow of Niwen.
- Originally Niwen was called Vale. The name was changed rather late, because the old name appears in the Art Book (part of the Collector's Edition).