Niwen is the region where the majority of Ori and the Will of the Wisps takes place.
Description[edit | edit source]
Kwolok describes Niwen as a "perilous place". In contrast to Nibel, Niwen lost the light of the Spirit Willow some time ago, and the inhabitants have not seen a Guardian Spirit like Ori in a long time. As a result of this, Niwen is suffering from the Decay.
Locations in Niwen[edit | edit source]
- Inkwater Marsh - first location, home of the Moki.
- Midnight Burrows - a hidden area with a secret entrance adjoining Inkwater Marsh.
- Kwolok's Hollow - a dank location connected to Inkwater Marsh, home of Kwolok.
- Silent Woods - a petrified forest, home to Owls and Moki before Decay. Currently the home of Shriek, where she guards the silence.
- Luma Pools - a colorful place where water comes from before flowing to The Wellspring.
- Windswept Wastes - a windy desolate desert, the previous home of Gorlek.
- Windtorn Ruins - ancient desert ruins, that hold the Heart of the Forest and an ancient prophecy concerning Niwen's hope.
- Wellspring Glades - a safe village.
- The Wellspring - an ancient watermill and its surroundings.
- Mouldwood Depths - a dark spider den, home of Mora.
- Baur's Reach - icy heights of the forest, home of Baur.
- Willow's End - the ghostly Spirit Willow of Niwen.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Originally Niwen was called Vale throughout most of development. It was a placeholder name that was kept until late in development when Moon Studios renamed it "Niwen".