"All of Niwen will suffer as Mouldwood has. You must be strong, spirit."
—Mora to Ori, after being defeated
Mora is a giant spider who resides in the Mouldwood Depths along with her many children. When the Spirit Willow lost her light, Mora sealed the entrance to their domain to protect herself and her children, but the Decay affected the darkness within Mouldwood. This caused Mora and her children to become corrupted, resulting in Mora becoming tainted with corrupted fungus that turned her hostile, stealing the Eyes of the Forest for herself.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Before Ori and the Will of the Wisps[edit | edit source]
Prior to the events of Will of the Wisps, Mora was either born into or took up residence in Mouldwood Depths, giving birth to a large family of many spiderlings. When Niwen's Spirit Willow died however, the Decay was able to infect into her domain, afflicting both Mora, her brood, and even the very darkness within the depths itself. As a result, Mora became corrupted, coveting the Eyes of the Forest which fell into her lair, and sought to kill any outsiders. Prior to their own corruption, her children sealed the entrance to the depths.
In-Game Events[edit | edit source]
Freed from the Decay[edit | edit source]
Eventually, the Spirit Gaurdian, Ori, would arrive in Mouldwood Depths, seeking the Eyes of the Forest. Creeping up on them from behind, Mora struck the ground around Ori, casting them deeper into her nest before leaping down to fight them. Ori would ultimately escape from the lower section of her nest, prompting Mora to give chase back to the heart of her nest, before continuing their fight.
Ori would ultimately best Mora in their encounter, causing the great spider to collapse to the ground in a heap, allowing the Eyes of the Forest to rejoin with the other Wisp/s, and the Darkness infesting Mouldwood Depths to lift. With the Darkness gone, Mora is awoken by her children. She expresses her gratitude towards Ori for releasing her from the corruption which clouded her mind, and tells them that, even for those dwelling beneath the surface, the light is necessary to provide balance for all, and that if it remains fragmented, it will dwindle and die forever.
Warning Ori that all of Niwen will suffer as Mouldwood did, she tells them that their presence brings hope, even in the face of growing Decay, and encourages them remain strong and go forth to seek out the wisps.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of all attacks Mora will use during her boss battle;
Phase #1;[edit | edit source]
- Ground Pound: Mora will rear up on her back legs, and lunge towards Ori, before slamming her front two legs on the ground. She may do this attack multiple times in quick succession, or just once.
- Scrape: Mora will scrape one of her front legs along the ground from either right to left, or left to right, depending on Ori's position, covering a small portion of the arena.
- Wave of Fire: Mora will either raise her head alone, or leap into the air, before slamming her fangs down into the ground, release two waves of fire that travel horizontally along the ground in each direction, which disappear upon making contact with a wall.
- In Phase 2 of her fight, she may strike the ground 3 times in rapid succession, releasing 3 waves in each direction for a total of 6.
- Spit: Mora will spit out several yellow projectiles in parabolic arcs in Ori's general direction. These can be deflected back at her with the Bash ability.
- The number of projectiles fired depends on the phase of her Boss Battle. In Phase 1, she fires 3 projectiles, whereas she shoots 5 in the second Phase.
- Laser Beam: Mora lowers her head to the floor, inhales briefly, before firing a long beam at ground level in Ori's direction.
- Tantrum: Upon reaching roughly 50% health, Mora will retreat into the background of the arena and begin repeatedly slamming her front claws into the ground, causing rocks to rain from above. A hole will also open above in ceiling the arena, allowing Ori to leave the area, triggering a brief escape-like sequence that concludes with Ori and Mora returning to the centre of her nest to continue the fight.
Phase #2;[edit | edit source]
Upon the conclusion of the escape sequence and transition into the second arena, Mora will gain these additional attacks;
- Summoning Screech: Mora will raise her her head and screech, summoning 3 spiderlings out of the ground.
- Call of Darkness: Upon reaching 25% health, Mora will cry out, causing Darkness to fill the arena, requiring Ori to use Flash in order to survive.
- Homing Laser Beam: Mora will rear up, inhale, and fire a long continious beam. Unlike the Phase 1 variant however, she will track Ori with this beam, requiring them to be on the move almost constantly to avoid getting struck.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
|After Defeat||Thank you...Spirit. I am freed from the corruption that clouded my mind.
Now the darkness that has lain over these depths can lift.
We all need light to provide balance. Even those of us beneath the surface.
If it remains fragmented, it will dwindle and die forever.
All of Niwen will suffer as Mouldwood has. You must be strong, spirit.
Even as the Decay grows, your presence brings us hope. Go forth and find the wisps.
|Listening too Again||The little ones sealed the gate above the depths? That is good.
Good, too, they let you come receive the light I stole when my mind was not my own.
The light belongs where it can shine brightest.
Leave these shadows to the mold and the spiders.
|Listening (Third Time)||My children have gone too long without their mother.
Soon even the smallest will be grown and leave the web.
The way to the surface is open now. Thay are free to roam where they will.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Fend off Mora
Defeat Mora Without Taking any Damage
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]